Archive for the 'Advertising' Category
Many homes today is filled with the aroma of Johnson’s baby powder since morning! You can smell the half page ad (TOI, Bangalore edition) which has the following copy:
Remember this smell? The smell of your little one when she was a little one. The smell of he oh-so-soft skin. The smell of innocence. The smell of sloppy wet kisses, cuddles, and long gazes. The smell that made you fall in love. The smell that made you a mother. The smell of every baby. The smell of Johnson’s baby.
Because only a smell so gentle can bring back memories that powerful.
Johnson’s baby. Power of gentle.
1. If there was no FB, the LIKE symbol would have been mistaken for “Give me a lift” or THUMS UP!
2. If EKTA KAPOOR marries a guy named TIGER. she’ll become EKTA TIGER!
3. Bollywood’s ‘Rahim Chacha’ takes final bow two years short of 100. Nimma abhimanigalanna bittu hoggiddu ‘YEKE’ Hangal?
4. Spinner AshWINs Test for India!
5. Maria Sharapova has launched her own line of candy, titled Sugarpova, in New York. If at all this brand comes to India, it’s sure to create a stir, just for the candy shapes and the logo which includes a pair of lips. On the website, we get to know that there are gumballs in the shape of tennis ball, gummies in the shape of dress shoes and lips.
Larry, the Twitter bird (named after the basketball legend Larry Bird), has gone for an image makeover. If you liked the old one better, as I do, too bad; Twitter does not want you using any of its older models. Indeed, the old logo looked more refined.
Major differences between the new and the old Twitter bird are:
1. DARK MEANS THICK: The new bird is in a darker shade of blue. Larry has become thick skinned, because a darker shade feels heavy and thick, while the lighter shade of blue on the old bird seemed lighter!
2. LOOK UP TO OTHERS: The new bird looks upwards, whereas the old bird looked straight ahead. Old Larry looked like he was up in the air. New Larry looks like he is about to take off from a parapet wall.
3. FEWER WING-BUMPS: The wing of the new bird curves upwards instead of downwards. Earlier, the small feathers looked perfect for the small bird. The current one has larger feathers and doesn’t suit well for little Larry.
4. BALD: Either Larry has gone bald…or he visited Dharmasthala / Tirupati! The tuft on the head of the old bird is missing in the new.
5. ON A DIET: The new bird looks leaner. Larry looked plumpy earlier, must have been visiting a gym now, after his mom refused cola and ‘haalu-mulu’ junk food!