So here are 8 things about me, which I am supposed to write:
1. I have this habit of writing down the movies that I saw in theatres since the age of four. The list tells who accompanied me to which movie and in which year/ theatre it was seen.
2. When I was a three-year old, the great musician MD Ramanathan treated me with a ‘Masale Dose’. The story goes like this. I waited for a particular song and he didn’t sing it in his concert. My uncle, who knew the singer personally, took me the next day to where MDR was staying. The singer asked me what ‘M.D.’ stood for in his name and it seems I said ‘Masale Dose’ . And not only did he treat me with my favourite number, he treated me with my favourite dish as well!
3. I am obsessed to the Rasipuram brothers, RK Narayan and RK Laxman, the divine singer MS Subbulakshmi and the great actor Dr. Rajkumar. As a personal tribute, have made scrapbooks and collages on all these legends.
4. Before sticking to Graphic Designing for bread and butter (read Anna-Saaru), tried my hand in Marketing (Cassettes- CDs; Pneumatic products; Gas kit for Cars; Newspapers; Computers. Of course, if you ask some of my friends, they will tell I still do marketing for CTR!), Singing, Journalism, Cartooning, Radio Jockeying, TV Anchoring and Copywriting.
5. I sing whenever I drive. And most of them, who have heard me while I drive, feel that they don’t feel the absence of a ‘Music System’ in my vehicle.
6. I have been ‘short’ tempered for quite a ‘long’ time!
7. On my recent visit to Ahobila, I sat on a rock and sang in the forest. I saw that a few wild animals kept staring at me all the while.
8. I was very excited to study at National institute of Design (NID). Almost made it through. But one of the interviewers told me, “More than NID, your mother needs you”. And I thank NID for rejecting me !