Ever since my teens, I used to make collages and scrapbooks related to sports, films and art. I made a few collages and scrapbooks exclusively on Rajkumar (whose first death anniversary falls on April 12).
When I started off as a Graphic Designer, I got an opportunity to design a set of Cassettes, CDs and posters for a music company which brought out a special edition of the same when Rajkumar turned 75.
Just nine months before Annavru passed away, I was fortunate to have a special audience with him for a couple of hours. During the meeting, I got a few of the scrapbooks, posters and collages autographed by Annavru.
Amongst the several collages that I made on Rajkumar, one of them was featured in The Hindu on August 5, 2005. Sharing the article with all my dear readers.
And don’t miss these links:
- Dr.Rajkumar: My hero
- RK with Rajkumar
- Ustad Bismillah Khan was a gentle genius
- Sadaa nanna kanna thumba, ee ninna bimba…
- 12 April, 2006: Remember these images?
- RAVI BELAGERE on one man and his genius
- The prince who was a pearl and an elder brother
- The violence that shamed a City and an icon
- ONE YEAR WITHOUT DR RAJ KUMAR