Larry, the Twitter bird (named after the basketball legend Larry Bird), has gone for an image makeover. If you liked the old one better, as I do, too bad; Twitter does not want you using any of its older models. Indeed, the old logo looked more refined.
Major differences between the new and the old Twitter bird are:
1. DARK MEANS THICK: The new bird is in a darker shade of blue. Larry has become thick skinned, because a darker shade feels heavy and thick, while the lighter shade of blue on the old bird seemed lighter!
2. LOOK UP TO OTHERS: The new bird looks upwards, whereas the old bird looked straight ahead. Old Larry looked like he was up in the air. New Larry looks like he is about to take off from a parapet wall.
3. FEWER WING-BUMPS: The wing of the new bird curves upwards instead of downwards. Earlier, the small feathers looked perfect for the small bird. The current one has larger feathers and doesn’t suit well for little Larry.
4. BALD: Either Larry has gone bald…or he visited Dharmasthala / Tirupati! The tuft on the head of the old bird is missing in the new.
5. ON A DIET: The new bird looks leaner. Larry looked plumpy earlier, must have been visiting a gym now, after his mom refused cola and ‘haalu-mulu’ junk food!