Click on the image to enlarge
Archive for the '2012 Olympics' Category
- Logo parody: mcdonalds
- Logo parody: Target
- Logo parody: Sony Ericsson
- Logo parody: Virgin Media
- Logo parody: Kwality Wall’s
- Logo parody: Sun Microsystems
- Logo parody: Well Data Technologies
- Logo parody: Airtel, Sattva, Bharat Petroleum, Shell, Moog and a Traffic Sign
- Logo parody: Barista
- Logo parody: Domino’s
- Logo parody: Pizza Hut
- Logo Parody: @ home
- Logo Parody: Mantri Developers
- Logo Parody: Toyota and fastrack
- Logo parody – Aircel
A video clip promoting the 2012 London Olympic Games logo was removed from the organisers’ website amid concerns it could trigger seizures in people who already have epilepsy. The logo was created by international design agency Wolff Olins.
After my colleague informed me about this piece of info today afternoon, I saw the logo, consisting of bold, jagged shapes, for the first time and had no idea it said 2012 in graffiti.
After seeing the still logo for a few seconds, I felt it was not easy on the eye. My colleague, who has seen the video clip, felt watching it could trigger migraine attack as well.
Early public reaction to the logo, as measured by a poll on the BBC Web site, has been largely negative: more than 83% of the first 16,000 votes gave the logo the lowest possible rating.
Readers are invited to share their views about the logo.